Monday, January 18, 2010

Music of my Life.

I can't honestly say that music had a huge role in shaping who I am today. When it came to music, whatever happened to be playing on the radio was good enough for me. I never went out of my way to change the station or search for any particular songs. I wasn't very picky about my music and I generally liked all of it.

This continued until about the time I was introduced to the internet. Ah, the glorious interweb introduced an entirely different way of listening to music. In a sense, it opened up my ears and eyes. I have heard many wonderful things and I have also seen many things, some of which can never be unseen. I suppose I wasn't picky because I didn't have much of a selection or know-how of music until the world wide web. Thanks to the internets, every type of music from different genres were availible to be. I had access to more types of music than I could ever imagine.

After a while, I began to develop preferences to different types of music. I now mostly enjoy listening to ambient music along with some electronica. I usually use it as background noise when I am doing homework or other types of boring activities. For me, it's very calm and relaxing. There's not too many sounds going on and it is very reserved. I suppose that coincides with my personality: quite and laid back. Whenever I feel frustrated or irritated, I just put on my headphones and turn on some ambient tunes. Some of my favorite artists include: Ratatat, God Is An Astronaut, M83, Mogwai, and Godspeed You Black Emporor.

No comments:

Post a Comment